Super Mario Bros. 3 (best Mario game ever?) hits Japanese 3DS eShop next week

Super Mario Bros. 3 Image

Super Mario Bros. 3 is one of the greatest Mario games of all time, and it's one of the greatest platformers ever conceived. You could essentially say it is the absolute greatest in either of those categories and you wouldn't hear any argument from me that says otherwise.

3DS owners in Japan will soon have the chance to play the retro title on their Nintendo handhelds starting January 1 when the game hits the Virtual Console. Super Mario Bros. 3 will be priced at 500 yen and will feature two-player download multiplayer.

No word on when the game will hit North America. It has to be fairly soon, though, right? I mean, this is one of the greatest games ever, and I know I'm not the only who wants to play it on my 3DS. Seriously, this game needs to be on the 3DS in North America. Right now. Please.

[Nintendo World Report]

Want to talk about indie games, Kirby, or cheap pizza? Follow me on Twitter @dr_davidsanchez.


Via: Super Mario Bros. 3 (best Mario game ever?) hits Japanese 3DS eShop next week